By agreeing to use the Midas telemedicine consultation services, you will enter into a doctor-patient relationship and be treated by a licensed medical practitioner in Nepal. The doctors, while exercising their professional judgment, reserve the right to deny care for any reason, including instances where a provision of care would be medically or ethically inappropriate.
You also acknowledge that the said service is to help patients for general health care only and not meant for any emergency purpose. There are various limitations of Doctors in teleconsultation including the physical examination, complete medical records, etc. and hence there can be risks associated with your treatment plans including but not limited to allergic reactions, adverse drugs interactions, etc. You are also encouraged to obtain in-person consultation from your doctors by visiting the hospital.
You acknowledge that you have understood the related benefits, risks, and alternatives, and you agree to have a telemedicine consultation. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by ending this telemedicine consultation session.
By using our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site and Services, and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and Terms of Service. Including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Mero Doctor Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Users may browse the Site without registering to our system. However, registration is required to use the Services. Once a Healthcare Provider has registered with us and subscribed to our Services, the Healthcare Provider can then invite Patients to use the Services provided by Mero Doctor. After receiving an invite, the Patient would then need to register for a Mero Doctor account to use the Services.
Healthcare Practitioner’s Registration. To register, Healthcare practitioners must provide certain information about themselves and their practices including the Healthcare practitioner’s name, date of birth, gender, and other important information; the Healthcare practitioner’s practice name, address, phone number, and a user id/password. We may also collect certain optional information, including middle name or initial, bank account or other payment information, and other contact details, pictures, and communication preferences.
Patient Registration. Patients must provide certain information, including name, date of birth, gender, address, email, mobile, and work phone, as well as a user id and password. We may also collect certain optional information, including middle name or initial, home phone and other contact info, pharmacy name, and contact details, In addition, the Patient can communicate other health-related information to the Healthcare Provider during a video consultation via the Mero Doctor app.
Information We Collect from Healthcare Practitioners. Certain features and services are available to patients because their Healthcare practitioners use our Services. Healthcare practitioners may provide patient names and e-mail addresses to us so we may communicate with patients on their behalf about the availability of Services. Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services through cookies and other technologies
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- 1. To provide our Quality Services.
- 2. To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to provide technical support and assistance, and for other customer service purposes.
- 3. To communicate with you regarding the availability of Services on behalf of your Healthcare Provider.
- 4. To send you reminders and other information related to your care on behalf of your Healthcare Provider.
- 5. To send offers and other promotional communications to Healthcare Providers.
- 6. To better understand how users access and use our Services.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Healthcare Providers. As a Patient, your information will be shared with Healthcare Providers as directed and consented to by you. This Policy does not address how Healthcare Providers will use and disclose information obtained using Mero Doctor. If you would like this information, you should ask your Healthcare Provider directly for a copy of his/her Notice of Privacy Practices.
- 1. Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- 2. In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or another legal process, such as in response to a subpoena in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
- 4. Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable technical, physical, administrative, and organizational safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify the registration information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint. You may contact us at Mero Doctor in which the Helpline number is provided on the Mobile app and web app.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time as per Nepal Medical Council, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on this page. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change, such as by highlighting the change on our Site or emailing the email address of record for your account.